Sunday, April 30, 2006

On the way to lunch

We were on our way to Eastwood today for lunch with some family friends. We were crossing a bridge, when we noticed this foreigner standing on the side of the bridge having a conversation with a man living under the bridge. It gave me this funny feeling inside. I've gotten so used to the situation here in the Philippines, that sometimes I can no longer see it. I've learned to ignore it. And it has already become second nature. But here was a guy, taking time out of his day to spend it with a (for lack of a better term) "taong grasa". There was no car in sight, so how did the foreigner get there? Did he really plan on going there? What did they talk about? How long did he stay?

It made me feel ashamed that there isn't anything I'm doing for that person under the bridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home