Monday, May 15, 2006

Day one


May 13
8am
We arrived yesterday (May 12) at 7:30 pm. The sun was still up! If I didn't know better I would have thought that it was only 4 in the afternoon. That is so weird. Last night I wrote that it isn't as cold as we thought.Wrong! It's so cold that I haven't even changed out of my travel clothes. (Yup, I know, Ewww!)I slept in them plus a jacket. And I was still freezing under the thick blanket that we brought. Right now I'm still working up the courage to go & take a shower. I absolutely have no desire to be naked, even if only for a little while. I wonder if I can get through this trip without a shower. Maybe I can just keep adding layers to my present outfit. It's two birds with one stone. I won't have to undress & I'll just keep getting warmer each day! Yeah! I'll spend this vacation being grungy & smelly....and most probably alone! Hahaha! Eww! Even I wouldn't want to have to do anything with me by then. Urgh! Ok, fine I'll take a shower now.

10:32pm
Spent the day doing tourist-y things. Tita Lovella et al took us around the city visiting the tourist spots, like the clock on one corner that was powered by steam. Canada Place where there was this huge cruise ship was docked. It's like a humongous hotel on the water. The rooms were something else. They had little balconies and some even had a jacuzzi. Wow!

We also went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge today. Not as boring as it sounds. It's this huge park full of gigantic hundred of years old trees and you just kind of walk around and commune with nature! Hehehe! They have these living dioramas, there was one where the people were singing and dancing. Galing! They also had exhibits on the insects you can find in the forest, complete with gigantic replicas of the insects. Click for more pics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home