Saturday, May 13, 2006

Thoughts in transit


Writing this from Taipei....

So obviously we were able to get on the flight. We were (literaly) the very last passengers to be checked-in even though we were at the airport by 10:30am (2 hours & 15 min before take-off). Being on stand-by meant we were low priority & could only be checked-in after everyone else & if there were available seats. Being on stand-by meant we half-ran, half-waited-in-line all the way to Gate 14. Being on stand-by meant we didn't get to sit together, so we spent the 2 hour flight in silence, unable to talk to our Taiwanese seatmates. Being on stand-by meant Isha & I getting upgraded to business class where the seats are several inches wider, allowing more wiggle room (ah! the simple pleasures!hehe!). Being on stand-by meant me getting a window seat & a chance to see the brilliant white sea of clouds & feel as though I could almost reach out and touch them.

We landed here at 3pm. Our next flight is at 12am. So for the next 9 hours Chiang Kei Sheik Int'l Airport is our playground.
See our shoes? My sister and I have stopped wearing matching shoes. Hahaha!

ummm......


12am-on the plane...
I'm sitting here between two strangers several rows away from my mom & sisters. Eva air's economy class is no fun at all. It's out of style! It dosen't have the little itty bitty personal t.v. screens, or the foot rest...and now the captain has announced that there'll be a slight delay because of...urgh! Can't understand what he's saying. Ok, that last part doesn't really have anything to do with the former, I'm just in a ranting mood.

And another thing, as of right now, we not sure where we're staying while we're in Vancouver OR Winnipeg.

Life is an adventure.

3am Manila time
I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. I'm bored. Everyone's asleep but I can't go to sleep because of the light from the monitor and the constant sound of flushing. Not really my kind of lullaby. Yep, I'm unhappily seated near the toilets. urgh! I envy the guy next to me, he's blissfully off frolicking in dreamland. Maybe I should kick him just so I have something to do...

Forgive me. I'm just grumpy.

11:24pm Vancouver
We have finally arrived! It's not as cold as we thought though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home