Thursday, October 05, 2006

better late then never

It's not that I have nothing to write about anymore, it's not that I'm really busy, I'm just stuck in a rut. Lately, it takes time for me to gather up the energy just to write an entry. Not that it takes a lot of energy to write an entry. I just haven't been feeling up to writing anything. Ok, I think I'm starting to go in circles now.....

Since my last entry, I celebrated my birthday with my family by watching "Ang Pagdadalada ni Maximo Oliveros" at Gateway and then having dinner at Cibo(Yum!). I think that was also the day San Beda won the NCAA Basketball Championship, so when we were there, the whole mall was filled with red clad people celebrating. A sea of red. Fortunately I wasn't wearing red, but Aien was, so I held on tight lest she gets swallowed by the crowd and we lose her to very ecstatic red people.

So anyway, the next night I continued on with celebrating my birthday, this time with sisqo. Spent the night at Astoria Plaza, had dinner at Streetscape, where the waiters from the different restaurants were mighty aggresive about getting customers to sit at their tables. Jeez! They were like jeepney callers crossed with cattle herders. As you walk along the row of restaurants, waiters would come up to you and say "Ma'am dito po!" and kind of try and steer you to their tables while simultaneously shoving a menu in your face. Eek! Not very pleasant.

Well we finally decided to sit down under the Dome tent because they were situated right in front of the stage, where a band was setting up. The band was decent enough, the frontman had some interesting dance moves and we're easily entertained. After dinner and dancing to a couple of songs, we had the hotel pick us up because it was drizzling and we didn't want to get wet. We get to the hotel, pop in a few dvds while sipping peach and strawberry wine accompanied by cheese (oh!aren't we sophisticated!hahaha!)

Well, the next day we get up at 7am, eventhough the original plan was 6am, but hello! who gets up at 6am on a sunday?! We trudge down to the breakfast buffet. And as we eat, we begin to talk about religion, politics, philosophy......haha! No, I'm kidding! The main topic of discussion was the changing quality of education at our beloved alma mater. It helps that we have an insider, giving us a different perspective of what goes on in a school. The hours before checkout was then spent lounging around at the pool and posing in our bathing suits. As usual I was the photographer, which I really much prefer. And ofcourse our little gatherings are never complete without my little moments of klutzy-ness. This time I tripped over a lounge chair while setting up the camera.

pool chair-1 me-0

A billion pictures later we dry ourselves off and return to our room to get ready for checkout.

Pics!

We then head over to Starbucks on Pearl Drive, because we still hadn't eaten my birthday cake. So we get there, order our drinks and the starbucks people tell Grace and Michi that we are NOT ALLOWED TO EAT THE CAKE. They did this preemptively. We hadn't even opened the top yet. Whatever!

But all in all, it was a good birthday despite my pre-bday blues. I think it's starting to become a pattern. I get melancholic around that time of year, but then it passes. Hmmm....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your pic nila sassy na candid!! :)

January 22, 2007 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home